Plenkovic: 20 million euros allocated for Omis fires
Zagreb, August 20 (Hibya) - Croatian Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic announced that 20 million euros had been allocated to address the impact of the fires in the city of Omis and repair the damage.
Croatian Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic said the government had decided to allocate 20 million euros to mitigate the consequences of the fires in the Omis area and repair the resulting damage.
Plenkovic stated that all relevant public institutions would take the necessary measures within their authority to provide support to citizens and businesses affected by the fires.
Plenkovic said work would be carried out to exempt affected accommodation businesses from tourism taxes and tourism membership fees, while appropriate tax arrangements would also be prepared for buildings damaged in the fires.
Noting that the fires had also affected the regional economy and labor market, Plenkovic said social and psychological support for citizens would continue alongside measures aimed at protecting employment.
It was also announced that damage to agricultural and forest areas would be assessed and repair works planned, reference prices would be prepared for the reconstruction of damaged buildings, and damage to cultural assets would be evaluated, followed by urgent protection and restoration work.
In addition, the necessary work will be carried out to repair damaged roads, while Croatian veterans affected by the fires and their families will receive a one-off cash payment of 500 euros.
Eu Day Light